A free, online webinar focusing on Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) trends and challenges, and updates on BSA compliance, is slated Aug. 24 by the federal credit union regulatory agency.
The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) said registration is open now for the webinar, titled “BSA Update: Challenges for Small Credit Unions.”
- industry suspicious activity report (SAR) filing trends;
- common BSA violations for small credit unions and risk mitigation;
- emerging fraud schemes and threats to small credit unions;
- the customer risk statement; and
- an update on the Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2020.
The NCUA said its webinar is set to begin at 2 p.m. Eastern and will run about 60 minutes.
The webinar will be closed captioned and archived on the NCUA’s Learning Management System approximately one week following the live event.
Participants can submit questions during the presentation or in advance by emailing WebinarQuestions@ncua.gov. The email’s subject line should read, “BSA Challenges for Small Credit Unions.” The agency said technical questions about accessing the webinar should be emailed to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.