Five new members were named Wednesday to an economic inclusion subcommittee by the federal bank deposit insurance agency, which also announced a meeting of the group June 28.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) said the five new members named to its Advisory Committee on Economic Inclusion (ComE-IN) are:
- Steven Antonakes, executive vice president for enterprise risk management, Eastern Bank, Boston, Mass.
- Michael Calhoun, president, center for responsible lending, Washington, D.C.
- Thomas Foley, executive director, National Disability Institute, Berkeley, Calif.
- Brandee McHale, head of community investing and development at Citi and president, Citi Foundation, New York, N.Y.
- Kenneth Kelly, chairman & CEO, First Independence Corp and First Independence Bank, Detroit, Mich.
The five join the seven continuing members of the committee.
Meanwhile, the FDIC said the committee’s meeting next week will discuss the joint banking agency notice of proposed rulemaking to modernize rules implementing the anti-redlining Community Reinvestment Act (CRA). Issues of equity in residential property valuation and appraisal, and key challenges facing their own communities or organizations, will also be discussed.
The June 28 meeting will be streamed live via the Internet; it begins at 1 p.m. ET.