The federal regulator of credit unions and a federal agency charged with providing advise on cyber risks and related matters will team up May 26 for a webinar for credit unions on preventing and addressing cyberattacks, according to a release Wednesday.
The release said the one-hour webinar, “Critical Security Controls and Cyber Hygiene,” will begin at 2 p.m. and include speakers from the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency (CISA). Topics will include:
- Identifying risks to products, services, and assets;
- Monitoring the security of networks;
- Managing third-party cyber risks;
- Implementing controls to protect and, if necessary, recover data; and
- Monitoring and protecting against malware attacks.
Registration is open now. The NCUA said participants can submit questions anytime during the presentation or in advance by emailing WebinarQuestions@ncua.gov. The email’s subject line should read, “Critical Security Controls.”