Nine new members of the community banking advisory committee for the federal insurer of bank deposits were named Tuesday by the agency; a first meeting of the panel with the new members is set for next week.
In a release, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) said the new members of the Advisory Committee on Community Banking will join the eight continuing members of the group – made up of representatives of community banks from a cross-section of the country – in sharing input with the agency on a broad range of policy and regulatory matters facing community banks.
The FDIC said the new members of the committee are:
- Mike Bock, CEO, Dairy State Bank, Rice Lake, Wis.
- Harold Horvat, President, CEO & Chairman, Centreville Bank, West Warwick, R.I.
- Betsy Johnson, President & CEO, Solutions Bank, Forreston, Ill.
- Cindy Kitner, President & CEO, Jefferson Security Bank, Shepherdstown, W.Va.
- Bruce Lowry, President & CEO, Ireland Bank, Malad City, Idaho
- Neil McCurry, Jr., President & CEO, Sabal Palm Bank, Sarasota, Fla.
- Margaret Oldner, CEO, Stone Bank, Mountain View, Ark.
- Andrew West, President & CEO, Eagle Bank, Polson, Mont.
- John Wharton V, President & CEO, Yampa Valley Bank, Steamboat Springs, Colo.
On April 13, the agency said, the committee will meet to discuss local banking conditions as well as FDIC research relating to community banking and agricultural lending. The agenda also includes updates on supervision matters, the work of the Minority Depository Institutions (MDI) Subcommittee, and the FDIC Office of Innovation (FDiTech).
Continuing members of the committee are:
- Shaza Andersen, CEO, Trustar Bank, Great Falls, Va.
- Sarah Getzlaff, CEO, Security First Bank of North Dakota, New Salem, N.D.
- Stephen Hayes, Chairman & President, Dakota Prairie Bank, Ft. Pierre, S.D.
- Kenneth Kelly, Chairman & CEO, First Independence Bank, Detroit, Mich.
- Teri Messerschmitt, President & CEO, South Ottumwa Savings Bank, Ottumwa, Iowa
- Patty Mongold, Chairperson, President & CEO, Mt. McKinley Bank, Fairbanks, Alaska
- Gilbert Narvaez, Jr., President & CEO, Falcon International Bank, Laredo, Texas
- Mark Pitkin, President & CEO, Sugar River Bank, Newport, N.H.