Seven banks earned ratings of “outstanding” for their compliance with Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) requirements, and another 19 received ratings of “satisfactory,” according to performance evaluations by the federal regulator of national banks that were made public in August.
No banks received negative ratings of “needs improvement” or “substantial non-compliance.”
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) said the banks receiving the “outstanding” ratings were:
- First National Bank of Pana, Pana, Ill.
- BankFinancial, N.A., Olympia Fields, Ill.
- First Pioneer National Bank, Wray, Colo.
- The First National Bank in Sioux Falls, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- The Merchants National Bank, Hillsboro, Ohio
- First National Bank of Moose Lake, Moose Lake, Minn.
- National Bank of Commerce, Superior, Wis.
The list released by the OCC contains only national banks, federal savings associations, and insured federal branches of foreign banks that have received ratings. Although the performance evaluations were made public last month, they are based on evaluations conducted during April and May.
OCC Releases CRA Evaluations for 26 National Banks and Federal Savings Associations