The 2019 operating budget and an update on projected losses for the insurance fund that covers deposits in the nation’s banks will be discussed at a meeting of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) Board Tuesday.
The discussion of the Bank Insurance Fund (BIF) will include projected losses, income, and reserve ratios for the restoration plan for the fund.
The above two items are the only ones on the board’s discussion agenda for the meeting. Non-discussion items (that is, those matters that can be resolved with a single vote unless a member of the agency requests it be moved to the discussion agenda), the agency said in a release, include five notices of proposed rulemaking, four final rules, and one advance notice of proposed rulemaking (ANPR).
The list of proposed and final rules includes:
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: Revisions to Prohibitions and Restrictions on Proprietary Trading and Certain Interests in, and Relationships With, Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds.
- Final Rule: Regulatory Capital Rule: Implementation and Transition of the Current Expected Credit Losses Methodology for Allowances and Related Adjustments to the Regulatory Capital Rule and Conforming Amendments to Other Regulations.
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to (1) Rescind Regulations Transferred from the Former Office of Thrift Supervision, Part 390, Subpart P – Lending and Investment; (2) Amend Part 365, Subpart A – Real Estate Lending Standards; and (3) Rescind Part 365, Subpart B – Registration of Residential Mortgage Loan Originators.
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to Increase the Major Assets Threshold Under the Depository Institutions Management Interlocks Act.
- Final Rule: Technical Amendments to Depository Institutions Management Interlocks Act (DIMIA) Regulations.
- Final Rule: Expanded Exam Cycle for Certain Small Insured Depository Institutions and U.S. Branches and Agencies of Foreign Banks.
- Final Rule: Limited Exception for a Capped Amount of Reciprocal Deposits from Treatment as Brokered Deposits.
- Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Relating to Brokered Deposits.
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: Company-Run Stress Testing Requirements for FDIC-supervised State Nonmember Banks and State Savings Associations.
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: Revisions to the Deposit Insurance Assessment System.