Registration availability for a set of free, virtual workshops on compliance risk for board directors of community national banks and federal savings associations was announced Wednesday by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
The examiner-led workshops, with one going on today and more slated into the summer, provide training and guidance on the critical elements of an effective compliance risk management program, regulations such as the Bank Secrecy Act and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, and other emerging issues regarding compliance risk, the agency said.
Two each of the following workshops are scheduled from June 8 to Aug. 18:
- Compliance Risk: What Directors Need to Know
- Building Blocks: Keys to Success for Directors and Senior Management
- Risk Governance: Improving Director Effectiveness
- Credit Risk: Directors Can Make a Difference
- Operational Risk: Navigating Rapid Changes.
The workshops last from three to four hours. the OCC said more will be offered for the fall.