Rules focused on security programs and crime reporting, records preservation, golden parachute and indemnification payments, and more are among those included in the federal credit union regulator’s scheduled 2021 review of one-third of its regulations, according to information published on the agency’s website.
The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) conducts a review of one-third of its regulations each year. This year, the agency is accepting comments on this year’s review until. Aug. 16.
Specifically, the 2021 reg review list published on the NCUA website includes:
- Part 748 – Security Program, Report of Suspected Crimes, Suspicious Transactions, Catastrophic Acts and Bank Secrecy Act Compliance
- Part 749 – Records Preservation Program and Appendices – Record Retention Guidelines; Catastrophic Act Preparedness Guidelines
- Part 750 – Golden Parachute and Indemnification Payments
- Part 760 – Loans in Areas Having Special Flood Hazards
- Part 761 – Registration of Residential Mortgage Loan Originators
- Part 790 – Description of NCUA; Requests for Agency Action
- Part 791 – Rules of NCUA Board Procedure; Promulgation of NCUA Rules and Regulations; Public Observation of NCUA Board Meetings
- Part 792 – Requests for Information under the Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act, and by Subpoena; Security Procedures for Classified Information
- Part 793 – Tort Claims Against the Government
- Part 794 – Enforcement of Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Handicap in Programs or Activities Conducted by the National Credit Union Administration
- Part 796 – Post-Employment Restrictions for Certain NCUA Examiners
- Part 797 – Procedures for Debt Collection
The NCUA said it welcomes comments on the clarity of its rules as well as substantive suggestions for regulatory changes. Comments may be emailed to OGCMAIL@NCUA.gov, with the words “Regulatory Review (2021)” included in the subject line; or sent to Regulatory Review (2021), Office of General Counsel, National Credit Union Administration, 1775 Duke Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314-3428.