The umbrella Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) has published its 2021 version of “A Guide To HMDA Reporting: Getting It Right!” for use by institutions in preparing data for their March 1, 2022, reports under the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act.
The FFIEC said this edition of the guide is the comprehensive edition for the 2021 calendar year data. It includes a summary of responsibilities and requirements, directions for assembling the necessary tools, and instructions for reporting HMDA data. Appendices include:
- Overview of Data Requirements Chart;
- HMDA Small Entity Compliance Guide;
- Instructions on Collection of Data on Ethnicity, Race, and Sex;
- Step-by-Step Charts Summarizing Transactional and Institutional Coverage;
- Partial Exemptions Charts;
- Data Fields and Data Points Chart;
- Regulation C, 12 CFR Part 1003;
- Official Interpretations to Regulation C, 12 CFR Part 1003;
- Federal HMDA Reporting Agencies; and
- HMDA Poster.
The guide is available online.