The panel that advises the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) on community bank supervision and other issues has six new members, according to an announcement that coincided with the panel’s meeting Thursday (March 28).
The FDIC Advisory Committee on Community Banking, established in 2009, includes a cross-section of community bankers from around the country. The panel provides advice and recommendations to the FDIC on a broad range of community bank policy and regulatory matters. FDIC receives a range of input from the panel, covering topics such as current examination policies and procedures, credit and lending practices, deposit insurance assessments, insurance coverage, and regulatory compliance.
The committee has 18 members; the six new members are:
- Dick Beshear, Chairman, President & CEO, First Security Bank and Trust Company, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Keith Epstein, EVP & CEO, Roxboro Savings Bank, Roxboro, N.C.
- Bruce Kimbell, President & CEO, First Community Bank of the Heartland, Clinton, Ky.
- Thomas Leavitt, President & CEO, Northfield Savings Bank, Northfield, Vt.
- Lori Maley, President & CEO, Bank of Bird-in-Hand, Bird-in-Hand, Pa.
- Cathy Stuchlik, Chairwoman & President, Clackamas County Bank, Sandy, Ore.
The other 12 members are:
- Fred DeBiasi, President & CEO, American Savings Bank, Middletown, Ohio
- Christopher Donnelly, President & CEO, Bank of the Prairie, Olathe, Kan.
- Asif Dakri, Vice Chairman & CEO, Wallis Bank, Houston, Texas
- James J. Edwards, Jr., CEO, United Bank, Zebulon, Ga.
- David J. Hanrahan, Sr., former President & CEO, Capital Bank of New Jersey, Vineland, N.J.
- Danny J. Kelly, President & CEO, The Hometown Bank of Alabama, Oneonta, Ala.
- Kenneth Kelly, Chairman & CEO, First Independence Bank, Detroit, Mich.
- Tiffany Baer Paine, President & CEO, Security Bank USA, Bemidji, Minn.
- Alan Shettlesworth, President & COO, Main Bank, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Joseph W. Turner, President & CEO, Great Southern Bank, Springfield, Mo.
- Louise Walker, President & CEO, First Northern Bank, Dixon, Calif.
- Len E. Williams, President & CEO, People’s Utah Bancorp & CEO, People’s Intermountain Bank, American Fork, Utah
Today’s committee meeting is scheduled to run until 3 p.m. View the agenda here.