A series of five 2019 workshops offering practical training and guidance to directors of national community banks and federal savings associations (FSAs) has been scheduled in locations throughout the U.S. by the nation’s top banking regulator, the agency announced Wednesday.
The workshops are offered by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and led by bank examiners. Registration cost is $99, and each workshop is limited to 35 participants. The five workshops are as follows:
- Building Blocks: Keys to Success for Directors and Senior Management
- Risk Governance: Improving Director Effectiveness
- Compliance Risk: What Directors Need to Know
- Credit Risk: Directors Can Make a Difference
- Operational Risk: Navigating Rapid Changes
These workshops are offered nationwide to directors of national community banks and FSAs. Senior management and other key executives are also eligible to attend the Building Blocks workshop, the agency said.
OCC says workshop attendees will receive course materials, supervisory publications, and lunch.