Seven new members have been named to the advisory committee that provides community banking advice and recommendations on policy and regulatory matters to the federal bank deposit insurance agency, the agency announced Wednesday.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) Advisory Committee on Community Banking, which is also meeting Wednesday in Washington, was established in 2009 and represents a cross-section of community bankers from around the country. Committee members are appointed to two-year terms, according to the committee charter.
The committee, currently with 18 members, provides input to the FDIC on a wide variety of topics, including current examination policies and procedures, credit and lending practices, deposit insurance assessments, insurance coverage and regulatory compliance.
The new members are:
- Fred DeBiasi, President & CEO, American Savings Bank, Middletown, Ohio
- Christopher Donnelly, President & CEO, Bank of the Prairie, Olathe, Kan.
- James J. Edwards, Jr., CEO, United Bank, Zebulon, Ga.
- Kenneth Kelly, Chairman & CEO, First Independence Bank, Detroit, Mich.
- Alan Shettlesworth, President & COO, Main Bank, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Louise Walker, President & CEO, First Northern Bank, Dixon, Calif.
- Len E. Williams, President & CEO, People’s Utah Bancorp & CEO, People’s Intermountain Bank, American Fork, Utah
The rest of the committee members are as follows:
- Asif Dakri, Vice Chairman & CEO, Wallis State Bank, Houston, Texas
- Christopher W. Emmons, CEO, Gorham Savings Bank, Gorham, Maine
- David J. Hanrahan, Sr., President & CEO, Capital Bank of New Jersey, Vineland, N.J.
- Jack A. Hartings, President & CEO, The Peoples Bank Co., Coldwater, Ohio
- Danny J. Kelly, President & CEO, The Hometown Bank of Alabama, Oneonta, Ala.
- Arvind A. Menon, President & CEO, Meadows Bank, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Tiffany Baer Paine, President & CEO, Security Bank USA, Bemidji, Minn.
- Mary Ann Scully, Chairman & CEO, Howard Bank, Baltimore, Md.
- Gwen M. Thompson, President & CEO, Clover Community Bank, Clover, S.C.
- John M. Tolomer, President & CEO, The Westchester Bank, Yonkers, N.Y.
- Joseph W. Turner, President & CEO, Great Southern Bank, Springfield, Mo.