- This event has passed.
Webinar: FinCEN, BCFP on combatting elder financial exploitation
June 7, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Webinar on combatting elder financial abuse
Focus on the importance of suspicious activity reports (SARs) and the role they may play in aiding law enforcement’s investigation of elder financial exploitation cases. It is related to a joint FinCEN-BCFP memorandum in August 2017 that sought to encourage coordination among financial institutions, law enforcement and adult protective service agencies to protect older adults from financial exploitation.
- Richard Goldberg, Senior Counsel for Complex Litigation, U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Consumer Protection Branch (webinar introduction)
- Jenefer Duane, Senior Program Analyst, Office of Financial Protection for Older Americans, BCFP
- Laura Richardson, Section Chief, Intelligence Division, FinCEN, U.S. Department of Treasury
- Peter Gallagher, Deputy Attorney General, New Jersey Department of Justice
- Elaine Dodd, Executive Vice President, Fraud Division, Oklahoma Bankers Association
- Steve Vallejo, Senior Vice President – Corporate Security Director Corporate Security Investigations, Bank of the West